HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Want to enhance your abilities and enhance your employment skills in the Education and Care setting? Then study HLTAID004 Provide and Emergency First Aid Response in and Education and Care Setting at VASS College of Vocational Education!
This qualification equips students with the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to infants, children and adults.
This qualification applies to educators and support staff working within an education and care setting who are required to respond to a first aid emergency, including asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies.
Course Duration and Structure
This course is delivered as a two day workshop including theory, practical and a test (15 hours).
There are no pre requisites for this qualification.
• Basic Life Support (DRSABCD)
• CPR and AED
• Shock Management
• Basic anatomical differences between adults and children, and the implication for the provision of First Aid
• First Aid techniques as they relate to children, including; Airway Management – Asthma, Choking, Severe Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation
• Cardiac Emergencies
• Seizures and Convulsions
• Bleeding and Wound Care
• Burns and Scalds
• Eye and Ear injuries
• Extremes of Heat and Cold
• Musculoskeletal Injuries
• Poisons and Toxic Substances
• Needle Stick Injuries
• Bites and Stings
* A payment of AUD$20 might be required for the issuing of official academic transcript
How to apply
To apply for enrolment in this course please contact VASS College of Vocational Education by phone, email, fax or in person as per the details below. Our staff would love to talk with you about your study goals to determine the best course for you.
C2, 1 – 13 the Gateway, Broadmeadows, Victoria, 3047
Phone: (03) 9359 2861
Fax: (03) 9369 2899