HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant following cardiac arrest. Content is based on Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
Course Duration and Structure
This course is delivered as 5.5 hour workshop including theory, practical and a test
Students will be assessed through the demonstration of practical skills, participation in role plays, analysis of case studies and a written quiz.
There are no pre requisites for this qualification.
• Chain of survival
• Assessing the situation
• Basic life support – DRSABCD
• Performing CPR
• Demonstrating the use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
• Care of the unconscious person
• Special techniques for children and infants
• CPR in special circumstances
• Breathing emergencies including choking and asthma
• Severe allergic reaction
• Bleeding and wound care
• Infection control
$80.00 (includes $7.27 GST)
* A payment of AUD$20 might be required for the issuing of official academic transcript
How to apply
To apply for enrolment in this course please contact VASS College of Vocational Education by phone, email, fax or in person as per the details below. Our staff would love to talk with you about your study goals to determine the best course for you.
C2, 1 – 13 the Gateway, Broadmeadows, Victoria, 3047
Phone: (03) 9359 2861
Fax: (03) 9369 2899
Email: [email protected]