22486VIC Certificate III in English as an Additional Language (Access)
Do you want to enhance your English language skills? Do you want to improve your English reading and writing? Then study 22486VIC Certificate III in English as an Additional Language (EAL) (Access) at VASS College of Vocational Education.
At VASS College of Vocational Education we will equip you with the literacy skills you will need to develop pathways to enhance your career opportunities, life skills, further study and general Australian knowledge.
The 22486VIC Certificate III in English as an Additional Language (EAL) (Access) will enable you to expand your skills and knowledge of the English language in a variety of areas, such as;
• Everyday casual conversation
• Giving Instructions
• Providing Information
• Health and Wellbeing
• Community Options
• Examining Current Issues
This course will provide you with the skills and knowledge to effectively communicate with English speakers in everyday environments. Students will be given the opportunity to role-play and practice their acquired English skills in a friendly and diverse classroom environment preparing students for future job opportunities.
Course Duration and Structure
• Delivered face-to-face, at one day per week at 6 hours per day for 53 weeks;
• Real life applications at 8 hours per week;
• Research and project work at 6 hours per week.
*Please note that the above hours are the minimum hours required for a student to complete. Hours will vary per individual learning plan in order to address learning/skills gaps and for extra support where needed.
• Applicants will be required to undertake an English assessment in two parts;
• Informal interview – to assess spoken English language skills;
• Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) written test – to assess written English language skills; and
• Minimum entry score of ACSF level 2.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Students who have previously completed a Nationally Accredited course may be eligible to receive credit towards the course.
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this Certificate III English as an Additional Language course. During the enrolment process a potential Learner may discuss any prior evidence before commencing training to determine if they are eligible for RPL. An additional fee for this service will be discussed with you upon application.
Resources available to the student at the College
• Fully equipped classroom (including projector, whiteboard, internet access, tea and coffee faculties);
• Learner and facilitator guides;
• Lesson plans;
• Relevant policies, procedures, legislative and regulatory materials;
• Free Wi-Fi access;
• Guest speakers;
• PowerPoint presentations;
• Assessment handouts;
• Access to the local Council library;
• Educational posters located around the classroom for student reference;
• Library or access to learning resources;
• Student mentoring, if requested or required, to help her/him to meet competency and learning requirements;
• Encouragement of establishing study support groups; and
• Senior student buddy mentoring.
8 Units of Competency – 5 core and 3 electives
|VU22384||Develop and document a learning plan and portfolio|
|VU22610||Engage in Casual Conversation and Straightforward Spoken Transactions|
|VU22612||Read and Write Sraightforward Communications and Transactional Texts|
|VU22611||Give and Respond to a Range of Straightforward Information and Instructions|
|VU22613||Read and Write Straightforward Informational and Instructional Texts|
|VU22402||Undertake a Simple Investigation of Health and Wellbeing|
|VU22607||Explore Community Services|
|VU22608||Explore Transport Options|
Pathways to Further Study
The Certificate III in EAL (Access) can be utilised as a bridging course to further study in your area of interest. This course provides training which will assist you in a variety of TAFE courses.
Upon completion of Certificate III in EAL (Access) students have the option to complete further study by enrolling in;
• 22492VIC Certificate IV English as an Additional Language (Further Study)
For eligible student students, State Government Funding is available through the Skills First Program.
For full fee paying students, payments plans may be available
• Concession fee: $50.00 (includes $4.55 GST)
• Non Concession fee: $250.00 (includes $22.73 GST)
• Government Subsidised fee: $3,255 (includes $295.91 GST)
• Fee for service: $3,555.00 (includes $323.18 GST)
Please refer to the Refund Policy and Application for Payment Plan on the College Website for further information.
• Replacement of lost learner resources is an additional charge.
• A payment of AUD $20 may be required for the re-issuing of official academic transcript
How to apply
To apply for enrollment in this course please contact VASS College of Vocational Education by phone, email, fax or in person as per the details below. Our staff would love to talk with you about your study goals to determine the best course for you.
C2, 1 – 13 the Gateway,
Broadmeadows, Victoria, 3047
Phone: (03) 9359 2861
Fax: (03) 9359 2899
Email: [email protected]