22492VIC Certificate IV in English as an Additional Language (Further Study)
Do you want to advance your well-developed English language skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening? Then study 22492VIC Certificate IV in English as an Additional Language (EAL) (Further Study) at VASS College of Vocational Education.
At VASS College of Vocational Education we will equip you with the literacy skills you will need to develop pathways to enhance your career opportunities, life skills, further study and general Australian knowledge.
22492VIC – Certificate IV in EAL (Further Study) is designed for students with considerable English language skills. They can already communicate effectively in a wide range of formal and informal situations in their social and community life, and in some situations in the workplace.
This course can lead to further English study in the Employment/ Professional streams or Certificate IV and Diploma industry qualifications and higher education.
Course Duration and Structure
- Delivered face-to-face, at one day per week at 6 hours per day for 36 weeks;
- Real life applications (8 hours per week);
- Research and project work at 6 hours per week.
*Please note that the above hours are the minimum hours required for a student to complete. Hours will vary per individual learning plan in order to address learning/skills gaps and for extra support where needed
- Applicants will be required to undertake an English assessment in two parts;
- Informal interview – to assess spoken English language skills and
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) written test – to assess written English language skills.
Minimum entry score of ACSF level 3
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer
Students who have previously completed a Nationally Accredited course maybe eligible to receive credit towards the course.
RPL is offered to any Learner who can provide evidence of competency for the units offered within this Certificate I English as an Additional Language course. During the enrolment process a potential Learner may discuss any prior evidence before commencing training to determine if they are eligible for RPL. An additional fee for this service will be discussed with you upon application.
Resources available to the student at the College
• Fully equipped classroom (including projector, whiteboard, internet access, tea and coffee faculties);
• Learner and facilitator guides;
• Lesson plans;
• Relevant policies, procedures, legislative and regulatory materials;
• Free Wi-Fi access;
• Guest speakers;
• PowerPoint presentations;
• Assessment handouts;
• Access to the local Council library;
• Educational posters located around the classroom for student reference;
• Library or access to learning resources;
• Student mentoring, if requested or required, to help her/him to meet competency and learning requirements;
• Encouragement of establishing study support groups; and
• Senior student buddy mentoring.
9 Units of Competency – 7 core and 2 elective
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Core/ Elective|
|VU22411||Research pathways and produce a learning plan and portfolio||C|
|VU22645||Give complex presentations for study purposes||C|
|VU22646||Participate in complex spoken discourse for study purposes||C|
|VU22647||Take notes from complex spoken texts for study purposes||C|
|VU22648||Read and write complex texts for study purposes||C|
|VU22649||Use critical reading skills to analyse study tasks||C|
|VU22650||Use language analysis skills to review own texts||C|
|VU22627||Research Current Issues||E|
|BSBWRT401||Write complex documents||E|
Pathways to further study
Upon completion of the Certificate in IV EAL (Further Study) students have the option to complete further study by enrolling in;
- Other Certificate IV in EAL qualification
- Certificate IV and Diploma industry qualifications
- Higher education
For eligible student students, State Government Funding is available through the Skills First Program.
For full fee paying students, payments plans may be available
• Concession fee: $55.00 (includes $5.00 GST)
• Non Concession fee: $275.00 (includes $25.00 GST)
• Government Subsidised fee: $3,500 ( includes $318.18 GST)
• Fee for service: $3,775 (includes $343.18 GST)
Please refer to the Refund Policy and Application for Payment Plan on the College Website for further information.
- Replacement of lost learner resources is an additional charge.
- A payment of AUD $20 may be required for the re-issuing of official academic transcript
How to apply
To apply for enrolment in this course please contact VASS College of Vocational Education by phone, email, fax or in person as per the details below. Our staff would love to talk with you about your study goals to determine the best course for you.
C2, 1 – 13 the Gateway,
Broadmeadows, Victoria, 3047
Phone: (03) 9359 2861
Fax: (03) 9359 2899
Email: [email protected]